ECR 2018- Presentations by Chair Jeroen Kroll and Amy-Lee Brookes
15 February 2018
ECR 2018 will see IAFR Chair Jeroen Kroll and Committee Member Amy-Lee Brookes present at the dedicated Forensic Imaging Session on 28th February! See below for more information:
Chairpersons' introduction (5')
J. McNulty; Dublin/IE
1. To provide insights into the role of imaging, and radiographers, in forensic imaging and mass fatality incidents.
2. To appreciate the key aspects of a quality forensic imaging service.
3. To understand the challenges associated with forensic imaging.
A. Disaster victim identification (23')
J. Kroll; Maastricht/NL
1. To appreciate the role of forensic radiology in a disaster victim identification process.
2. To learn about the methods using forensic radiology in a disaster victim identification process.
3. To discuss added value of forensic radiology in a disaster victim identification process.
B. The role of CT angiography in forensic imaging (23') A. Dominguez; Lausanne/CH
1. To learn about the development of multiphase post-mortem CT angiography (MPMCTA).
2. To appreciate the benefits and limitations of MPMCTA examinations.
3. To understand the role of the radiographer in the MPMCTA.
C. The importance of the radiographer's role in forensic imaging (23')
A. Brookes; London/UK
1. To appreciate the role of the radiographer in forensic imaging.
2. To learn about the importance of continuity of evidence and record keeping.
3. To discuss the various situations a radiographer can be exposed to during forensic imaging.